Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ef_128  
#1 Posted : Sunday, September 28, 2014 7:11:33 PM(UTC)
ef_128

Groups: Forum Moderator, Website Administration

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 4 post(s)
1 Jeddah (3-0)
2 Mombasa (3-0)
3 Beirut (2-1) beat Kabul Head to Head
4 Kabul (2-1)
5 Delhi (2-1) beat Cairo Head to Head
6 Cairo (2-1)
7 Sana'a (0-3)
8 Dhaka (0-3)

Saturday October 2, 2014 - NO GAMES
EID

Saturday October 11, 2014 - Elite 8
1 v 8
2 v 7
3 v 6
4 v 5

Saturday October 18, 2014 - Final 4
(1 v 8) v (4 v 5)
(2 v 7) v (3 v 6)

Saturday October 25, 2014 - Finals
Championship

Edited by user Monday, September 29, 2014 6:56:40 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

AR  
#2 Posted : Monday, September 29, 2014 1:24:05 PM(UTC)
AR

Jeddah vs Dhaka

Repeat of last week's game. Way too much firepower from Jeddah's top two guns. If Dhaka has any hope of competing this game, I'd employ a triangle and 2 defense and double those guys any time they got the ball.

Mombasa vs Sana'a

Sana'a will look to avenge their 1 pt loss just 2 weeks ago, but will have to face a Mombasa squad likely at full-strength, so it will be tough. No prediction here since this is my team.

Beirut vs Cairo

Will Allan Stroud show up? If he does, this will be a close one, but if he does not, Beirut gets the win. Jon Mingo is a tough cover, so who on Cairo will D him up?

Kabul vs Delhi

If Albar Ahmed was eligible for the playoffs, Delhi would win here. Without him, it will be tough to dethrone the reigning champs. Delhi desperately needs a good shooting game to keep it close, because Kabul plays great team-ball.
Abdul-Rahman, #3
ef_128  
#3 Posted : Thursday, October 2, 2014 7:43:33 AM(UTC)
ef_128

These are expert picks from an expert analyst:

Jeddah vs Dhaka - blowout

Mombasa vs Sana'a - would be nice to see a buzzer beater

Beirut vs Cairo - Cairo has a chance, if their full team shows up

Kabul vs Delhi - Kabul = too young, too athletic
Essad  
#4 Posted : Thursday, October 2, 2014 11:09:11 AM(UTC)
Essad

Groups: Forum Moderator

Jeddah over Dhaka
Hard to see this game being different than last week's result.

Mombasa over Sana'a
At full strength, Mombasa is a half step below Jeddah on any given week. I think this game will be close, but Sana'a doesn't have a go-to closer on their team, as two of their losses were by 5 or less points.

Beirut over Cairo
Cairo has talent, but Jon Mingo is having a breakout season. With the exception of their meeting with the Jeddah freight train two weeks ago, this team has played great, closing games very well.

Kabul over Delhi
Defending champs should be able to repeat their performance against Delhi from last week. You can make the argument they have the best chemistry in the league. These guys play so well together. A win in round 1 sets up a very interesting matchup with Jeddah in round 2. That would be a game to watch.
Essad Malik
League Organizer / Co-founder
Corey Weem  
#5 Posted : Monday, October 6, 2014 6:11:35 PM(UTC)
Corey Weem

Groups: Forum Member

Jeddah Vs Dhaka
Anticipating Dhaka too capitalize on a week off to go over their mistakes they made in our last match up. Won't say a blowout outcome for either team, I would say the better team should win.

Mombasa Vs Sana'a
Mombasa is a interesting team to watch, their a good team with plenty of chemistry to compete against any team for some seasons past but without Weiss being a ultimate threat offensively, it's pretty hard to confidently choose them to win outright. At least for this season it's clear from their first two games coming down to the wire. Sana'a on the other hand got something not sure what it is but they got it. With our game they played hard to the final second and captured alot of respect for their performance. Looking close for an "Upset".

Beirut Vs Cairo
Beirut I mentioned plenty of times before is an interesting team to watch with too many highlight plays to remember from their #1 player Jon Mingo. But to have a team solely dependent on one player to lead, score, and drive their team every game makes it even harder to choose them to go far. May as well watch him and see if how he performs rather than what else he brings to the table for the W. If Cairo can actively double team and give him many different defenders throughout the game and some how limit him going to the line...then this game may go down to free throws at the end of it all.

Kabul Vs Delhi

Kabul is another interesting team to watch this post season because of their confidence and growing experience. Not to mentioned they are the defending champions. And they are 97% the reason why we chose to return this season. They like to leak out and run the floor and not afraid of the paint at all. If Delhi can be aggressive against their zone and avoid over passing they have a shot. Considering you know what your getting into when you step on the court against them, it should be a fun game to watch if they don't give Kabul open shots all day.

Bottom line I'm not confident picking a winner for any game. In my eyes I believe when it's playoff time and it's win or go home, anything can happen. Some of these guys won't take an L easy and I'm sure to see these games be ultra competitive at stretches when the clock is dwindling down. When they peak at the stands and see their families cheering them on and the hearts skip a beat at every whistle being blown. We shouldn't sleep on any team especially with only two T.O's a half, the whole game mine as well feel like the fourth quarter this post season. Saturday can't come soon enough.
ef_128  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, October 7, 2014 6:13:33 AM(UTC)
ef_128

well said Corey!

the playoffs is a different world .. we've seen MANY MANY MANY crazy games/upsets/buzzer beaters/shockers/etc in the playoffs .. and this playoff wont be any different!