Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
MB Predictions  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, July 10, 2019 4:01:45 PM(UTC)
MB Predictions

Groups: Forum Member
United States

Disclaimer: This is one person’s opinion, done by a volunteer who has no partnership with the Muslim Basketball Organization.
Back after a week off, I know you guys missed me. Week 2 was cool and all but I want to see some big numbers! Can someone score 40 this week?!?!?!

Fez vs. Granada – Fez is looking for their first win of the season, meanwhile Granada got manhandled by a Medina squad that is slowly turning some heads. I don’t care what level of basketball you are playing but 13 rebounds as a team will never win game. Amir had 19 on 50% from the field and I expect that to continue in order for his team to be competitive. Granada might have the best backcourt in the league with DeJesus, Najib and Singer. Any one of them can take over a game. They could use some sort of contribution from a big man down in the post but GM Ammar likes smallball. I like Granada.

Bukhara vs. Amman – GAME OF THE WEEK! Bukhara played their previous game with 5 and ended up winning the game with 4! Afay and Mustafa are two of the smartest basketball players in the league and are extremely efficient. The resurgence of Big O is also worth noting, through two games he’s averaging 12.5 points and 14.5 rebounds. Keep up it O! Amman led by Leonard Lee and Farhad are a dynamic 1-2 punch. Leonard is averaging 28 ppg on nearly 60% from the field, oh yeah his team is also 2-0. Shoot his also number 1 in the MVP Race (sorry guys I only do predictions). Amman could use a reliable third option, and this would be a great weel to show out. Bukhara FTW.

Mombasa vs. Tripoli – This game is going to be exciting. Pete matching up against Jean. Raza against the all mighty Muj. I know Tripoli are the champs, I know Muj and Yosha are a great backcourt but Mombasa is deep this year.

Baghdad vs. Riyadh – The battle of the winless. Baghdad sure is missing Amir right now but Moe and Timmy Brown are more than capable of leading this squad. Riyadh scored more than 40 last week. Yeah, not much more to say.

Damascus vs. Lagos – OQ this team needs you to be OQ. Their best 3 players are all shooting below 35% from the field. For Lagos, Yazzed has been played very well these first two weeks but he can’t do it alone. I think Damascus wakes up this week.

Palermo vs. Dhaka – Once upon on a time they were teammates and champions. Now Mairaj will be asking himself why he left this once dynasty. Palermo will have their hands full this week. And when I say full, I mean really full. Dhaka is so damn good because they are so unselfish. They don’t care who scores. They just want to win.

Kashgar vs. Medina – Medina has that 6 foot 10 kid. Kashgar does not. Jawad scores 20. Himey pulls some hairs at Jawad’s shot selection. Medina still wins.

Jakarta vs. Sana’a – Jakarta laid an egg last week after I spoke so glowingly about them. Ed did go 4-8 from 3, so maybe not all is bad. Netti and Kenny (sounds like a kids show) need to assert themselves in this game. Sana’a is 2-0, and they are now 2-1.

Kazan vs. Islamabad – another goodie. Shocked to see that Islamabad is winless. Unfortunately Kazan ain’t the team to you want to see when you’re winless. Islamabad needs to put up more points and they have a bevy of options. Billal, Zain and Idris need to be the offensive catalysts. Fursan and Omar should space the court with their shooting, while Islam and Waqas go elbow to elbow and do work in the mid-range. Thank me later guys. Kazan, just prevent them from doing what I said and y’all should be good. Pat scores 30.

Delhi vs. Suba – Wow…….. just wow. Lost to a Abdelhadi-less Kabul squad by 2. Kenny shot well from 3, Turan was the defensive anchor and grabbed rebounds and Malik shot 1-8 from 3……. Sorry man but you’re shooting 2-13 from 3 on the season, so your team is far from “cooking”. Aytac and Rameez are going to be too much for this team.

Mecca vs. Cairo – Mecca got their first win and had 3 players score at least 17 points. Cairo has AMP who could outscore an entire team on his own. But did anyone see Luis’ boxscore? Aside from his shooting percentage dude stuffed the stat sheets! Too much Abdul, too little Mecca.

Sarajevo vs. Beirut – Mingo and fam.

Kabul vs. Tehran – Took care of a week Delhi squad without their star but have a much tougher challenge this week. Moe Amin going up against Ameed is an intriguing matchup. Unfortunately I don’t see anyone on Kabul that could matchup with Anas. Only thing that seems to be holding him back are his teammates. Feed this dude the ball and get out of his way. Tehran wins with or without Abdelhadi playing.

Timbuktu vs. Lahore – Timbuktu demolished Islamabad last week and I see them doing the same this week against Lahore. Basit is leading the imaginary rookie of the year race and should put up another stellar scoring game this week as well. Poor Ahmad was getting attacked on the power rankings last week so I won’t add to that. Shoot your shot man, only as good as the next one. At the end of the day, Timbuktu has more scorers and playmakers than Lahore.

Edited by moderator Friday, July 12, 2019 4:16:40 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified