Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Malik Zubi  
#1 Posted : Monday, July 9, 2018 10:52:23 PM(UTC)
Malik Zubi

Groups: Website Administration, Forum Member

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Week 4 is upon us and damn who saw Baghdad beating Beirut? Oh wait I did! 7/10 is not bad, but anyway here are this week's predictions. Feel free to post your own predictions, and keep the forum active.

Cordoba vs. Istabul - was very shocked to see Cordoba not capitalize last week, but with the box score not yet updated, who knows if they had a full squad. This team has lacked consistency, but we are only three games in. They have one of the better front court players in Luke, a very good scorer in Kenny, and Jabby running the show. No reason why they should not win this week. All I can say about Istabul is they lost to Jerusalem, yeah the team that gave up 180 points in their first two games..... Cordoba FTW.

Islamabad vs. Timbuktu - The Abbassi clan are putting together an impressive start, due in large part to the presence of Zain. He can create for himself and his teammates, and is a capable on ball defender. Billal should be mentioned in the MVP talk sooner rather than later and Fursan is looking like the Fursan of old. They took care of business last week against a Raza-less Mombasa team and have all the momentum in the world right now. Timbuktu fresh off a big win against Cordoba as mentioned above, and if reports are true, I heard Khalied Saleh scored like 50. Might need 60 this week.

Mombasa vs. Lahore - So last week I was at a BBQ with MastaWeiss, and he told me he isn't a fan of my predictions or hot dogs. Nonetheless this matchup has game of the week written all over it. Pete Brown will have to box out Omar 'ball magnet' Mana and Weiss has already placed bets on the over for that one. Jokes aside Raza - Moayad is the matchup to focus on here. Two elusive guards who love to run in transition, and do so at an efficient clip. Hosam Karkis and Ahmad Saleh need to help their star out if they want to compete with the heavy weight that is Weiss, I mean Mombassa.

Sana'a vs. Sarajevo - Sana'a is struggling, at all facets aside from FT shooting (9th in the league). They are going up against the number 2 scoring team in the league, and man that boy LEONARD LEE IS NICE. Seriously have a talk with him, he's a chill dude. This team has 5 guys who can go for 20 at any given night and thats tough to defend and game plan for.

Baghdad vs. Jakarta - Baghdad proved me right last week with the upset of Beirut, but what is it more of a statement game? They have played every team tough since their inaugural season at Coastal and seem to have developed some San Antonio Spurs chemistry with one another. They do not care who scores the basketball, who gets the shine, they just want to win basketball games. Jakarta will be without their captain for yet another week but I do believe Netti and Frank can hold it down until the old man gets back. Jakarta 51 Baghdad 50.

Delhi vs. Granada - Both teams have talented point guards. Both teams have talented shooting guards. Both teams have talented forwards. I give Granada the advantage b/c of Anwar. I expect the matchups to go as follows:
Splash - Singer
Jawad - Odeh
Deeb - Waqas
So who got Anwar? Marwan is probably the safest bet, but it won't be easy. Shabazz needs to stop yelling at this man and feed him the ball. Anwar goes for 25, Granda win.

Cairo vs. Beirut - This game should be and will be very high scoring. Two teams that love to run in transition and shoot the 3 ball. Mingo needs to set the tone offensively and space the court for his teammates. Shooting 23% from 3 won't win you many basketball games but I see a different outcome this week. Cairo was without Abdul last week and with him this game is a tight one, without him, I got Beirut by 15.

Fez vs. Alexandria - Does Fez get their first win?!?!?!!? No. Next.

Tehran vs. Kazan - Tehran in full attendance is a scary team, btw they played with 5 last week not 4. Jake and Amin is a great duo, like a really good one. But that guy Pat man seems unguardable. Yeah he took 37 shots, but it seems like his team doesn't mind him shooting that often. He has been efficient and its resulting in W's so everyones happy, well, except the opponent. Something going unnoticed is Frank's stat line of 8, 6, 8. Triple double watch?

Dhaka vs. Kabul - Dhaka seems bored, like they belong in the NBA or something. Like no one else can compete with them. Bring in Abdelhadi. Kabul has put together quite the supporting cast around their superstar big and I think they surprise some people this week and take down the 3 time champs.

Riyadh vs. Mecca - won't predict my own game but #20 needs to pick it up.

Jerusalem vs. Suba - Jerusalem is doing something no one that they could do, and thats keep a team below 50. Lets be bold and say they make it two weeks in a row doing so. Jerusalem takes down the undefeated Suba squad.
LonzoBall  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, July 11, 2018 2:49:29 AM(UTC)
LonzoBall

Groups: Forum Moderator, Website Administration, Forum Member

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
No Hard Feelings to Anyone I Might Diss In These Predictions
Excuse Any Grammar Mistakes Please Smile

CORDOBA vs. Istanbul: Cordoba is a strong team, they have some solid scorers. Problem is their defense though (currently 23rd), they definitely need to slow the tempo on offense so that they can save that energy and turn it into defense. Last week proved that against Timbuktu. Istanbul is having a rough season to start, I believe they can bounce back though. Mahmoud showed up for the first time last week and scored 28 out of their 44 points on 44% shooting, and that type of scorer can be a major help when all their players show up. I believe they would've won if all their players showed up, but no real evaluation can be made when their team has yet to play at full strength.

ISLAMABAD vs. Timbuktu: Timbuktu got Muj, and that changes everything for them. Didn't expect them to beat Cordoba regardless, but there's Muj for you. Timbuktu can score, but they are 19th defensively, and in the first three games, Islamabad has been very consistent offensively sitting at 5th. Difference between last Saturday vs this Saturday for Timbuktu though is they're versing the 3rd best defensive team statistically, rather than the 23rd.

MOMBASA vs. Lahore: Pete is huge, and proved he can score easily on Saturday. You can say they lost because Raza didn't show up, but this team is consistent and is scary. Lahore has some work to do, they have talent. Moayad needs to be the force he was last season, and Hosam needs to play smart. Moayad and Hosam should be working together on offense attacking the paint. Then there's Mana, I can't wait to see Mana vs Pete. If Lahore plays the way they're supposed to, this game will come down to Mana vs Pete.

SARAJEVO vs. Sana'a: I honestly haven't watched mush of these two teams, so all I can say is based off stats. Sarajevo win by blowout.

BAGHDAD vs. Jakarta: If ED's not showing up again, Jakarta is going to break before the 40 mins are up. They'll definitely put up a good fight, but Baghdad would prevail. Tim Brown and Amir are really nice scorers and have a nice supporting cast, but they need to play well to win this one.

GRANADA vs. Delhi: Granada are the defending champs, and Delhi is a talented, but inexperienced team. Delhi needs to pass the ball more and find the perfect shot, but that's only if Ahmad Splash isn't really feeling it. Granada's job is simple, face-guard Ahmad Splash and box out Deeb, and that win is easily guaranteed.

CAIRO vs. Beirut: Beirut is amazing, and so can Cairo if ALL their players show up. Popal with Goldberg is really scary, but we all know Beirut doesn't care who they're versing, they want the win more than anyone. This game is really hard to predict, I even want to say this is a toss-up, possible game of the week.

ALEXANDRIA vs. Fez: Where to begin, Fez knows somethings wrong, and we need some changes asap. They rush their shots, and each play as if they're the only players on the court. Elias can run their offense, give it to Hamza on the cut and dish it to either Ali or Talha at the perimeter and there's Omar with the boxout and rebound if the shot is off. There's too much ISO, they play with a streetball mentality. No player on their team has the talent to play like that. Haven't watched Alexandria but they get their first win this week.

KAZAN vs. Tehran: My man Malik Zubi put it perfectly. Refer to his prediction cuz I agree.

DHAKA vs. Kabul: My GAME OF THE WEEK. Ohhh I can' wait for this one. Kabul's main scorers are Abdelhadi and Hamza Ahmad, while the entirety of the Dhaka team seems pretty reliable when it comes to scoring. I know Abdelhadi will show up, but this is Hamza's real test, I'm honestly scared to find out what this kid turns into. I want to say Kabul wins, but there're too many assets on a full Dhaka team.

MECCA vs. Riyadh: Another really good game, if Riyadh scores well then they definitely have a shot. Mecca needs their fulls squad in this one. No one on Mecca has been very consistent, if #20 steps it up they can be a really scary team though. How each team plays defensively may be the deciding factor.

SUBA vs. Jerusalem: Suba is looking to have a similar season as last season, and this week won't change that. Jerusalem needs some help, maybe they change my mind though. Big O seemed to be "scouting" them last week, don't want to speak too soon, but new addition coming soon?? (I mean the whole team is made up of Abbassi's so idk)
Big O  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, July 11, 2018 3:36:38 PM(UTC)
Big O

Groups: Forum Member

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Originally Posted by: LonzoBall Go to Quoted Post

SUBA vs. Jerusalem: Suba is looking to have a similar season as last season, and this week won't change that. Jerusalem needs some help, maybe they change my mind though. Big O seemed to be "scouting" them last week, don't want to speak too soon, but new addition coming soon?? (I mean the whole team is made up of Abbassi's so idk)

Lol, just there to observe and root for my family. Got a chance to see 2nd half of Jerusalem and 1st half of Islamabad.

Edited by user Wednesday, July 11, 2018 3:37:10 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#16 Areeha
billalabbassi  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, July 11, 2018 4:30:23 PM(UTC)
billalabbassi

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Big O Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: LonzoBall Go to Quoted Post

Lol, just there to observe and root for my family. Got a chance to see 2nd half of Jerusalem and 1st half of Islamabad.

So... Who'd you like better?
Strive to Do What Seems Impossible
Big O  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, July 11, 2018 6:57:56 PM(UTC)
Big O

Originally Posted by: billalabbassi Go to Quoted Post

Omar Jerusalem Abbassi > Billal
#16 Areeha
billalabbassi  
#6 Posted : Thursday, July 12, 2018 3:45:36 AM(UTC)
billalabbassi

Originally Posted by: Big O Go to Quoted Post

Omar Jerusalem Abbassi > Billal

You decided to leave Islamabad and my stats only went up without you. We're 3-0. Get's me wondering.

P.S: Hurts you wrote out "Omar Jerusalem Abbassi" and didn't have the decency to write my last name.
Shabazz12  
#7 Posted : Thursday, July 12, 2018 10:13:13 AM(UTC)
Shabazz12

First off Malik...... obviously you dont watch the games correctly... I lead my team in assist and rebounds... So saying I scream at my teammates and dont pass them the ball is false... we ride the hot hand waqas was hot so yeah we did that... .... Secondly in this league I am a defensive mastermind and never give up on a play off or def.... lastly if you must spit fake news know the fact... Anwar has been hurt since the 26 min mark in the first game so yeah his numbers are down but hes still a killa and imma get him the ball whenever we can....
#imakeiteasyformyteam.....
Malik Zubi  
#8 Posted : Thursday, July 12, 2018 12:25:24 PM(UTC)
Malik Zubi

Groups: Website Administration, Forum Member

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Mr. Shabazz, i do watch the game. Hence why I said YOU feed him the ball. And I said yell because you’re the motor of your team, I didn’t say you cursed him off or disrespected him. I’m also aware of his injury, i talk to the Ahmed brothers whenever we get the chance to.
Big O  
#9 Posted : Friday, July 13, 2018 12:16:04 AM(UTC)
Big O

You decided to leave Islamabad and my stats only went up without you. We're 3-0. Get's me wondering.

P.S: Hurts you wrote out "Omar Jerusalem Abbassi" and didn't have the decency to write my last name.

Lol, relax habibi. I was joking. And I spelled it out because there’s 3 Omar Abbassi’s. Everyone know there’s only 1 Billal. Often imitated but never duplicated. We only lost 1 game together 2 seasons ago, don’t forget that. You guys are rolling right now, keep it up. But don’t worry about personal stats, only stat that matters is the W column. Go get #4.

I didn’t want to leave Islamabad, but had to for an opportunity to play with guys I hadn’t played with in a while. It didn’t work out, Alhamdulillah

Edited by user Friday, July 13, 2018 12:17:48 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#16 Areeha
billalabbassi  
#10 Posted : Friday, July 13, 2018 2:41:07 AM(UTC)
billalabbassi

You my boy and family, I’m just messing around with you lol, you know I would’ve loved to have you on the team. Theirs always a spot. ✊