Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Malik Zubi  
#1 Posted : Monday, July 16, 2018 5:19:17 PM(UTC)
Malik Zubi

Groups: Website Administration, Forum Member

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
The halfway point is upon us. Some teams have legit championship aspirations while others are questioning why they joined their respective teams. S/o to those of you that approached me this past week, expressing your appreciation for the forums, and the spotlight you are receiving lol. Without further ado, time for the best 10 minutes of your day.

Dhaka vs. Kazan - two teams with legit championship rosters, two teams with legit scorers, and two teams that we will hear about a whole lot of come playoff time. Dhaka coming off their first loss of the season, behind the greatness of Abdelhadi (more about him later). Farzad led the way with 16, but he seems to be more ball dominant than years past. This team was known for their exceptional ball movement and movement without the basketball. Now it seems like they are stagnant and waiting for Farzad to create, while Fahad spots up and Ameer and Salman clean up the glass. Then again who am I to critic the 3 time champs? Kazan also coming off their first loss but Tehran just had their number. This team needs a consistent 2nd option and I expect that to be Frank O, AKA Malcolm Jenkins. His mid range game is lethal and he creates for others. Cody will always find a way to get his, and we all know the scoring prowess of one Patrick. I like Kazan to get back on track and this one.

Fez vs Sana'a - Fez getting their first win of the season is huge. I think they get their second win this week against a very offensively challenged Sana'a squad. Solid efforts from Musa and little Karkis and I think they could keep that up moving forward. On Sana'a side, they just need to someone to put the ball in the hoop. Figure that out and they will compete.

Cordoba vs. Delhi - When I turn 39 bi ithni la, I wanna be Kenny. Dude gets buckets while most people his age are having a mid life crisis! 29 points, on close to 64 percent shooting! For real? Muhannad Deeb is going to have his hands full with this guy, not to mention that point guard on Cordoba can make any defender dance. Delhi will keep this game close. Jawad needs to be the player we all expect him to be and carry the load offensively for the young bucks. Again this will be close but as long as Kenny's beating Father Time, they should be alright.

Istanbul vs. Jakarta - Yo Ed, your team needs you. On offense, not defensively. Hey Himey.

Beirut vs. Mecca - Mecca is struggling and need to book a trip to Mecca, #20 pick it up dog. next!

Granada vs. Alexandria - Mr. Shabazz had a very nice stat line last week. He spent 2 minutes yelling at me, 1 minute laughing at me and another 4 points 8 assists and 10 rebounds. I told y'all to get Anwar the ball. Omar Singer looked like vintage Singer and that makes this team scary. Alexandria doesn't have the personnel to guard Granada, therefore Ammar Mustafa has bragging rights over his younger cousin.

Timbuktu vs. Jerusalem - Mujtaba......

Kabul vs. Mombassa - The Abdelhadi effect is in full swing. When do you see the tallest man on the court guard the opposing team's best guard? He 22 points, 14 rebounds is a great stat line, and he makes his teammates better. Younger Abdelhadi added 13 of his own and they keep on rolling. But don't be fooled, Masta Weiss got his own star in Pete Brown. 18 points 17 rebounds in addition to 4 blocks. Masri is lethal from downtown, and oh yeah that Raza guy is one of the league's best. I really want to pick Mombassa, but Kabul has Abdelhadi. This is like picking a favorite brother. Toss up.

Sarajevo vs. Riyadh - Sarajevo just keeps scoring, and scoring and scoring and scoring. And scoring. Leonard Lee vs. Kareem Ahmad, get your popcorn ready. Kareem has shown that he is a smart ball player with very quick hands. He gets to the basket very easily, and isn't afraid of the big moment. Riyadh showed great in their come from behind win last week. I'm picking Sarajevo not b/c im salty but b/c they can outscore basically anyone in the league.

Islamabad vs. Lahore - 3 guarantees in life, death, taxes and being torched by Idris from behind the arc. Dude is straight cooking this season mA, and hasn't gotten the love or respect he deserves. Lahore should be able to hold their own. Billal vs. Moayad, Zain vs. Hosam. Going to come down the Abbassi clan's settler defense.

Tehran vs. Baghdad - Mo Amin and Jake, say that 3 times fast. If you actually did Laughing Anyway, they defeated a very good Kazan team with ball movement and excellent defense. They run in transition and look for the open man, and shoot the 3 ball pretty well. Baghdad is on the comeup but not this week. Note: Amir is a baller.

Suba vs. Cairo - AMP and Goldberg. Sounds like a law firm
Shabazz12  
#2 Posted : Monday, July 16, 2018 8:21:37 PM(UTC)
Shabazz12

Groups: Forum Member

Thank you malik... lol....sorry for the misunderstanding
Secondly this has nothing to do with predictions.... we had a good game Saturday but after the game 1 player from The other team attacked his teammate who was much smaller and I dont think that is appropriate on any level. Especially the kid is smaller... he pushed me as well but it felt like a mosquito bite...lol... so I shrugged it off... yelling at each other is cool but hitting is not acceptable.. do we agree
billalabbassi  
#3 Posted : Thursday, July 19, 2018 7:39:07 PM(UTC)
billalabbassi

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Dhaka/Kazan: If any team is going to slow down Pat, it's Dhaka. They got a little lost against Kabul, they have to go back to what they know and they'll be fine. I'm not going to overreact to their loss. Kazan, however, you can't lose it like that. You guys are a great team and man is Pat a great player. Stay composed, stay true to yourselves and to what you do, ya'll are fine. I just don't know how they'll react if they are losing, only reason I'm going with Dhaka.

Fez/Sana'a- I just don't see where Sana'a will get their scoring from. They have not so bad defense, but they're not going to win a game if they don't score. Fez has Musa and I think he brings to the table something no one on Sana'a brings, and for that reason, I'm taking Fez.

Cordoba/Delhi: I got Delhi only because I hear that some players on Cordoba aren't showing up. How true that is? I don't know.

Istanbul/Jakarta: Istanbul just has nothing going for them right now, Jakarta at least didn't have Ibrahim for the first few weeks and din't have Ed for last few.

Beirut/Mecca: Mecca is struggling mightily right now. Anas is just starting to get his legs under him, are they under him yet though? Qasem and Anas haven't been the perfict mix either. Malik seems a little scared if I may. Do your thing baby. And man are they making a big mistake not letting Khalil be the floor general. Do they fix these thingz for this week, I really don't know, and so, I take Beirut. Jon Mingo could ball out and Nick could hit a few threes.

Granada/Alexandria: Granada is starting to mesh and I can't take Alexandria until they give me a reason to take them.

Timbuktu/Jerusalem: Timbuktu proved they could run with the best of them even if 2 of their top 3 players don't show up. Towfeek Hamza has to do more for his squad though. Jersualem has Omar, but that's all really.

Kabul/Mombasa: This is a really though one, but I expect to see Pete just absolutely take over. Abdelhadi is Abdelhadi and I wouldn't be surprised if he wills them to victory.

Sarajevo/Riyadh: I don't know how they'll play without Lee, but they have other pieces on this squad that could win this game even without Lee. Luke, John, Rameez, and Lionel could win this game even if Leonard doesn't show up. The only reason I'm going with Riyadh is because I haven't seen them play without Lee, they might not have the same production because he is not there, but they might also play even better. Who knows?

Islamabad/Lahore: Moayad might just torch us. #STDWSI

Tehran/Baghdad: Idk, this is one hell of a game. 2 great teams with championship aspirations. 2 teams that have players that could light it up from deep. I give Tehran the edge because they gave Kazan everything they can handle and A LOT more last week.

Suba/Cairo: Suba has had the easiest schedule thus far. Topspeed, you gotta try and move that ball a little more. You're shooting just a bit too much. Show this league what you got!
Strive to Do What Seems Impossible
MAhmed  
#4 Posted : Friday, July 20, 2018 4:18:54 AM(UTC)
MAhmed

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Dhaka vs. Kazan - won’t predict our game

Fez vs Sana'a - Defensively, Sana’a matches up pretty well against Fez and will do what they need to do. It’s only a matter of time before their shooters get hot from 3 point land. Sana’a with the dub.

Cordoba vs. Delhi - Contain Kenny and Jaaber? maybe. Contain Luke? Nah not gonna happen. Delhi hasn’t done anything that makes me think they can pull of an upset here

Istanbul vs. Jakarta - Istanbul having a rough time, and attendance issues as well. Jakarta also having a rough go, but has a chance to stop the bleeding and turn the season around. Perfect time to have the full roster back and try to get the season on track Jakarta for the win

Beirut vs. Mecca - Hmmm neither team playing particularly well this year. Mecca is way too good to be ranked 21st in points scored. Million dollar questions: When will Nick catch fire, and when will OQ and Anas form that chemistry. This one’s a toss up but I’ll go with Beirut that will have Mingo back and hungry

Granada vs. Alexandria - Granada wins thanks to the championship pedigree. They better stop winning tho because they’re on pace to be 10 seed - too high for where they wanna be before making the playoff run. Alexandria’s Hamza with a clutch performance last week 12 pts most of which were in the last few minutes of the game with the hometown crowd going wild.

Timbuktu vs. Jerusalem - Yahya Abbassi - life goals for all of us MashaAllah turning back the clock. Sorry but Muj & Khalied are getting in a groove and get the W here.

Kabul vs. Mombassa - Game of the week. Two of the best Mohammad Abdelhadi vs Pete Brown. I’m giving the edge to Mombassa, thanks to a superior transition game. Sadat and Raza been causing damage for years, but now Sadat has another potent weapon in Masri trailing and spotting up for the 3ball. Genius addition by Weiss. I want to give a shoutout to the young point guard on team Kabul. I think his name is Hamza but not sure. The kid plays with a quiet confidence and composure beyond his years. Got a nice shot and his footwork on defense crisp. Most importantly the young brother showed excellent sportsmanship throughout the game…didn’t see him complain at the refs or statkeepers, helped me off the floor, helped Salman off the floor when he went down, and more. Much respect, that means more than stats any day (I’m not saying this to knock any other team or player anything, honestly I just admired the young brothers demeanor).

Sarajevo vs. Riyadh - Kareem Ahmad is the truth. And I said this when they were on Cairo, bro Omar does the little things that don’t show up in the box score. Riyadh’s bigs have the talent but seem to be underperforming this season. This is the game they must step up. Sarajevo is stacked and has size, and Mike Rawls is your favorite point guards favorite point guard. He’s definitely up to the challenge of locking up Kareem. Riyadh better move and free up Kareem and Omar Hussein needs to stay producing, or this could get out of hand. Should be entertaining but I think Sarajevo will take it.

Islamabad vs. Lahore - I circled this date when the schedule came out. Not because of the rosters but because it’s the battle of Pakistan. Islamabad aka team Nihari is cooking while Lahore aka team chana masala is doesn’t have that kick. Shaykh Idriss is putting up cricket #s. Lahore has potential, Mana gets so many rebounds but they’re not able to convert off those. Islamabad gets Pakistan’s bragging rights with the dub.

Tehran vs. Baghdad - I know I didn’t predict this. Tehran 2nd in points allowed. Mo Amin and Jake have found that chemistry and defensive trust and intensity, surprising a lot of people. Baghdad plays great team ball, but it’s tough to pick against Tehran who will look to lock down Amir and Tim.

Suba vs. Cairo - Cairo gave up way too many points against Beirut. Suba's focused and has something to prove this season. Suba stays undefeated.