Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
chrisTEX  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, March 19, 2019 7:36:55 PM(UTC)
chrisTEX

Groups: Forum Member
Man
United States

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 8 post(s)

Andddddddddd we are back! First let me address the elephant in the room. Bilal, you know you're my guy, but if you are giving yourself DPOY because of Pat's stat line, then the extra 1 or 2 guys that guarded him each possession you did deserve an award too. There was not one time where it was 1 on 1, and I don't blame you. I know many people didn't watch the game so lets clear the air from a source that actually played in the game. Pat had at least 8 wide open misses. I would call it more Pat being ice cold than "lock down" defense. Sunday wasn't St. Patrick's Day, it was more like "Ain't Patrick's Day." With all that being said, I don't disagree with Bilal being a DPOY candidate, but lets not put that in stone because of a triple team that resulted in a loss.

Now lets get into it!

Mombasa / Kazan

This is going to be an extremely tough game for Kazan, especially being that I won't be there. My 0.9ppg are going to be extremely missed, and I am not sure if Kazan will be able to recover from that big loss. Mombasa is coming off of back to back losses. Have they ever lost 3 in a row since becoming a team in MB? Next week the answer will be yes. Kazan by 63.

Islamabad / Damascus

This should be a very interesting and even matchup. Idris finally lived up to being the lethal shooter I have been calling him in these predictions. I have Islamabad in a very close game, but I wouldn't be surprised if Damascus wins their 7th straight. Zain just misses the top 5 MVP Ladder for me. He is having another incredible year. I have him at 6 or 7.

Cordoba / Lagos

As long as Cordoba has Luke or Kenny at this game, they will pickup the win. Word around town is Kyseem wants to trade everybody. Mamba mentality.

Jakarta / Medina

Bilal aka Gary Payton aka Tony Allen aka Ron Harper aka Joe Dumars aka Doug Christie and the rest of his team take this W pretty easily. Hopefully his partner in crime Anas is present. They could've definitely used his scoring last week. Jakarta is a team that can sneakily get good in the playoffs. They have the talent for it (i.e. Granada 2 seasons ago).

Jeddah / Jerusalem

Another easy game. Another win that Jeddah will win and make it closer than it should be.

Granada / Sana'a

Hopefully this game gets played, but whether Granada plays or not, I am going to go with Sana'a. I don't know what is up with Suba. Rameez and Leonard are two good players than should be able to pickup more wins. The other players look like they contribute too. Neither of these teams will have off next week.

Suba / Baghdad

Game of the week. Suba has to hate me. I have picked them to lose more than most people. I watched their entire game last week, and they play great team ball, but Baghdad can ball too. I was looking around the gym last Sunday and I saw Tim, I saw Mark, I saw Amir, I saw Moe, I saw Arcenio, and I was thinking, "Wow. Baghdad has a full team." Then I kept looking. NO TOM. WHERE WERE YOU TOM? WHERE IS THE DEDICATION TOM? ARE YOU NOT FULLY COMMITTED TO THIS TEAM TOM? In summation, if the entire roster shows up for Baghdad, give me Baghdad by 4.

Dhaka / Lahore

This is a statement game for Lawho. If they can beat Dhaka, they will go into the playoffs with a lot of momentum and proof they can compete with top tier teams. The down side is.. I don't see them winning. Dhaka is too good to lose here.

Tripoli / Kashgar

Double digit win for Tripoli. Amazing game from Visar last week. Lets see if he can keep that going into the playoffs.

Tehran / Palermo

Mr. "THIS ALMOST AS IMPRESSIVE AS MY LAST POST Wow Wow Wow Wow " and the rest of the Palermo squad keep it rolling against Tehran. Palermo on Court B against the 21st ranked defense. There is a legit chance they score 100 points in this game. Abdelrahman can't pass it to himself. Mo Amin needs to step it up offensively. Not too long ago he was averaging 18ppg.

Alexandria / Beirut

Beirut gets two bye weeks. This week and next. Skinny might actually make layups this game.
thanks 1 user thanked chrisTEX for this useful post.
tsimonelli on 3/20/2019(UTC)
ef_128  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, March 19, 2019 8:48:45 PM(UTC)
ef_128

Groups: Forum Moderator, Website Administration

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: chrisTEX Go to Quoted Post

Sunday wasn't St. Patrick's Day, it was more like "Ain't Patrick's Day."

Jakarta / Medina

Jakarta is a team that can sneakily get good in the playoffs. They have the talent for it (i.e. Granada 2 seasons ago).

Granada 2 seasons ago = CHAMPS
billalabbassi  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, March 19, 2019 11:37:20 PM(UTC)
billalabbassi

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 6 post(s)
I’m not giving myself anything, obviously I think I am, but I’m not going to award myself. Is it a coincidence the one time I played him was the one and only time he didn’t even score one FG, and was the one time he was “ice cold”. Coincidence? Idts
Strive to Do What Seems Impossible
billalabbassi  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, March 19, 2019 11:38:24 PM(UTC)
billalabbassi

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 6 post(s)
That was a great game last week though, hope to see you guys again soon.
Strive to Do What Seems Impossible
tsimonelli  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, March 20, 2019 12:21:44 AM(UTC)
tsimonelli

Quote:
Suba / Baghdad

Game of the week. Suba has to hate me. I have picked them to lose more than most people. I watched their entire game last week, and they play great team ball, but Baghdad can ball too. I was looking around the gym last Sunday and I saw Tim, I saw Mark, I saw Amir, I saw Moe, I saw Arcenio, and I was thinking, "Wow. Baghdad has a full team." Then I kept looking. NO TOM. WHERE WERE YOU TOM? WHERE IS THE DEDICATION TOM? ARE YOU NOT FULLY COMMITTED TO THIS TEAM TOM? In summation, if the entire roster shows up for Baghdad, give me Baghdad by 4.

Hahahaha coaches decision - DNP due to "rest"
chrisTEX  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, March 20, 2019 5:36:44 AM(UTC)
chrisTEX

Man
United States

Originally Posted by: billalabbassi Go to Quoted Post
That was a great game last week though, hope to see you guys again soon.

Definitely was. And Frank 100% fouled O on the last full court shot attempt LOL
aliomari17  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, March 20, 2019 10:13:07 AM(UTC)
aliomari17

Man
United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I’m not giving myself anything, obviously I think I am, but I’m not going to award myself. Is it a coincidence the one time I played him was the one and only time he didn’t even score one FG, and was the one time he was “ice cold”. Coincidence? Idts

Bold statement, not really an easy category to gauge but I can admire your confidence.

The MVP ladder definitely gasses this little engine that could.

On another note I’d say Cody Sevajian is one of the best defensive guards, although he’s out due to injury this season.

Edited by user Wednesday, March 20, 2019 10:13:43 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

chrisTEX  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, March 20, 2019 2:22:07 PM(UTC)
chrisTEX

Man
United States

Originally Posted by: aliomari17 Go to Quoted Post

Bold statement, not really an easy category to gauge but I can admire your confidence.

The MVP ladder definitely gasses this little engine that could.

On another note I’d say Cody Sevajian is one of the best defensive guards, although he’s out due to injury this season.

Chill Ali. Cody isn't going back to y'all. Don't try and give him a compliment and try and get him back lol
aliomari17  
#9 Posted : Thursday, March 21, 2019 6:34:41 PM(UTC)
aliomari17

Man
United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Haha not my intention, I never recruit off other teams! Have to give credit where it’s due.
Justaspectator  
#10 Posted : Thursday, March 21, 2019 8:24:40 PM(UTC)
Justaspectator

United States

Honestly I think Baghdad is gonna beat Suba and it won’t be close Amir and Moe can get scorching hot and Suba doesn’t seem to be the same defensive team they were before, I mean they let josh burn them for 32