Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Crystal Ball  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 7, 2024 4:45:17 PM(UTC)
Crystal Ball

Groups: Forum Member
Antarctica

Assalamualaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu,

As always, we start these predictions by remembering what this season is all about. As things get more intense in this league, we must remember that this is all for fun and competition. The real struggle is happening in other parts of the world where our brothers and sisters are being oppressed. Please remember our brothers and sisters in Palestine, Sudan, Congo, Kashmir, China, India and all other parts of the world where oppression is occurring.

Donation Link is still open in the playoffs, as well. Please try to compete for the highest donor as well.

https://pcrf1.app.neoncrm.com/MB24

Welcome to the Playoffs!! As I predicted when the season started, this year, more than any other is extremely competitive. Heading into the first round of the playoffs, we already have some marquee matchups to look forward to as we get prepared to make our way to Hoop Heaven. Best of luck to every team going forward, and may the best team win.

Final regular season prediction standings:

Hassan: 49 - 23 (didn’t predict week 1) (.680)

Towfeek: 55 - 26 (.679)

Omar: 53 - 28 (.654)

Crystal Ball: 52 - 29 (.642)

From now on, I will be posting the predictions as well as results for playoffs:

Towfeek: Al-Bireh, Yaffa, Qalqilya, Al-Wehdat, Areeha, Bethlehem, Sabra, Ramla

Hassan: Al-Bireh, Yaffa, Qalqilya, Al-Wehdat, Gaza, Bethlehem, Sabra, Ramla

Omar: Al-Bireh, Al-Quds, Al-Wehdat, Gaza, Bethlehem, Sabra, Ramla

Looking into the Crystal Ball…

Jenin - Al-Bireh

First game of the week is 3 vs 14. Now these are two teams with very different records and Jenin just came off a terrible loss. I think Jenin will definitely come into this game with something to prove after last week and they have enough pieces to make it an interesting game. We have also given Al-Bireh a title of bag sellers throughout the season which could come into play this game. Realistically though, I can’t bet against Shafic. He just won a chip and he’s been to the finals with his running mate Towfeek not too long ago. They also have a more cohesive starting 5. One way I see Jenin pulling off an upset is if Ian Felix and 1 or 2 others can be really efficient and produce a lot. Other than that, they have no shot.

Al-Bireh by 10

Yaffa - Al-Quds

Week 1 rematch. Fast forward 8 weeks and we have the 5 vs 12 matchup. This is a game I want to highlight as I think this is one of the closest Week 1 matchups. The reason being is that Al-Quds does not match up very well with Yaffa. Yaffa plays no defense and if they come in with that attitude this week, they will be knocked out of the playoffs. This is not the same Al-Quds team they went up against in Week 1, as the 3 best players have had time to mesh and figure out their offense. For Al-Quds defensively, they have a style they like to rely on but is it effective against great shooting teams? Another question is if they are forced out of the zone, will they be able to match up in man against Yaffa (something they couldn’t do in Week 1)? All questions will be answered at 7:30.

Al-Quds by 5

Baysan - Qalqilya

And coming out of the gates, we have a could’ve been finals matchup to open the playoffs. These two teams were both considered top 5 to start the season, but some inconsistency from Qalqilya and players missing for Baysan have led to this matchup now. Officially, this is the 6 vs 11 game. These two teams matched up in Week 2 and it was a back and forth matchup that saw Qalqilya pull away at the end of the game. The Crystal Ball expects more of the same this week, as these two teams matchup very well. Jared will be matched up against Musa. Zain will be matched up against Anssoumane and Jalil will be matched up against Sohaib. While Qalqilya may have talented top players, Baysan is considered the deeper team with their starting 5 including Sal and Idris, who fit the team perfectly. Qalqilya’s guards will be X-factors in this one.

Baysan by 3

Al-Wehdat - Nablus

Ok game 3 is another extremely even matchup. This is also the 8 vs 9 matchup so it is expected that this is the case. Talib Chandler vs Ty Jackson to headline. The problem I see in this game is that there are other names worth mentioning on the Al-Wehdat side like Keon Osborn and Jay Mustafa, but I don’t feel the same about Nablus’ supporting cast. This is a huge test for Mo Amin and the Zubi brothers to really provide firepower. For me, that’s what this game comes down to because Ty will show up. Can the other guys do enough to secure the win though? Also, it's a possibility Ty takes care of this game himself, as he did last week. Will be a great one.

Al-Wehdat by 7

Areeha - Gaza

For me, this is the last of the competitive matchups we will see in the round of 16. Areeha has a bunch of veterans that are savvy and seasoned. But, I kind of put Gaza in the same light. Mahrooz, Omar and Johnny Wiz have all been playing basketball for years too and they have more legs under them. The real thing to talk about here is the size of Areeha, led by Jason Marshall and Big O. That will probably be their most likely road to a win tonight. Overall, I don’t think it will be enough to stop Singer and Mahrooz.

Gaza by 5

Haifa - Bethlehem

I don’t even want to write about this team anymore. After putting up a great fight against Ty Jackson and Pete Brown in week 1, they have completely wet the bed and failed the rest of the regular season. This is the week where things must get right, even after they did everything they could to not be here this week. They are here and they have a shot. That’s about all I can say though. 1 vs 16.

Bethlehem by 15

Safad - Sabra

I really felt like Safad had enough to upset a team that wasn’t prepared for them coming into week 1. Checking the Crystal Ball, this is the one team where they stand no chance against. If I could give a probability on outcomes of games this week, this game is as close 100% in favor of Sabra as possible.

Message to Safad: Shock the league and upset this team and you will be remembered forever.

Sabra by 15

Shatila - Ramla

Realistically, the only shot Shatila has is a masterpiece by Farhad with his fingerprints all over this game. I do think Tariq Yasin could play a role in being a second option and Ed and Hosam are there too. No one has beaten a full Ramla squad yet and I don't think this is the team to do it.

Ramla by 15

As always, this ain’t Lonzo Ball, this ain’t Lavar Ball, this is the Crystal Ball