Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
chrisTEX  
#1 Posted : Monday, March 7, 2022 6:29:41 PM(UTC)
chrisTEX

Groups: Forum Member
Man
United States

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 8 post(s)
We are back! Final week of the regular season coming up, and this last week will shake up the standings significantly. Whether you're on the outside looking in (Delhi) or sitting at the top (Cordoba), everyone is eager to see if they'll make playoffs, and who they'll match up against.

Disclaimer: Man, y'all should know by now. Let's get right into it.

Medina vs Tripoli - Hopefully Medina gets their roster together, because they took a forfeit last week when they couldn't gather enough guys. If we are going by the same rules as last season, that kills their tiebreaker in the standings. At least they let the league know beforehand so Beirut didn't have to waste a trip, but it sucks when we pay for a league and have games cancelled. I am sure it was out of their control. Tripoli is coming off a bye week as well, since they played Delhi. This should be a fairly close matchup. I think Tripoli does just enough to get the W. Tripoli by less than 5.

Baghdad vs Cordoba - Possible game of the week. Cordoba was able to get the W even being down 7 to the elderly Jakarta team in the first half and only have 5 guys present. I expected Craig to have a coming out party this week, and unfortunately that couldn't be further from the truth. He has to find it before playoffs, he can be the X-factor. I have seen first-hand what he is capable of. If Cordoba has their full squad, I think they win this and end the season undefeated. Baghdad barely beat a struggling Islamabad team with only 4 guys playing? Is that right? They are going to have to play a lot better if they want to keep up with Cordoba. Cordoba by 10+.

Bukhara vs Kazan - I am not used to writing this up about us so early in the predictions, since MB always gives us the awful 10PM slot. Bukhara isn't coming off the best game. They beat a Moayad-less Lahore due to some questionable calls down the stretch by one of the league's worst referees. To be fair, Mustafa wasn't there either. Hey Mustafa, if you want to take another week off, we don't mind. Lil' O held it down, though. As far as Kazan goes, we went right back to what we are used to doing. Winning. Spread out scoring as usual. Mr. Radi with 18-14-6-1 stat line on 7-12 shooting. Bukhara is no slouch, and their defensive prowess does not go unnoticed. They might keep us under 70. With that being said, give me Kazan 69-10.

Amman vs Suba - The fight for a playoff spot! I know I mentioned Cordoba and Baghdad being the game of the week, but this one might be it! I truly believe the winner makes the playoffs and the loser does not. Amman is coming off of one of the worst losses in MB history. Suba got blown out as well. This one is a coin flip. I am going to go with Amman sneaking into the playoffs.

Sana'a vs Granada - 146. ONE HUNDRED AND FORTY SIX. Sheesh. I don't care who they were playing, 146 is impressive! Has any team ever had 3 players score 30+? Sana'a is scary, and clearly one of the top teams in the league, if not the top. Granada is an underrated 1-5 team, but Omar and the crew will have their hands full here. They need to make sure they don't get blown out like Amman, or else there's a chance they end up the 17th seed. I doubt that happens, and Granada will lose and end up a 16 seed.

Alexandria vs Delhi - As badly as I want Delhi to get a W this season, I don't think they will. Alexandria is coming off a blowout win against Suba. No way they lose to Delhi here. Even if Delhi wins, they have a 0% chance of making the playoffs, with a loss differential of 25.3 points.

Beirut vs Dhaka - Beirut coming off a bye week, Dhaka coming off another close game W. Idris had a great game as I predicted, and Zain did what Zain always does. I hate to jump on the Luis bandwagon, but Beirut desperately needs him in this game. Dhaka is a contender year in and year out. I am hoping Nick can have his breakout game, and score 20+. If Luis shows up, give me Beirut in a game to the wire.

Jakarta vs Islamabad - Islamabad almost came up with a W against the defending champs with 4 guys! We all know what Shahzaib can do at this point, but they young kid Aadil stepped up big time scoring 24 on 10/14 shooting. I guess he fixed that broken shot of his! All jokes aside, Islamabad is a very capable team who can shock someone in the playoffs. Look out. Islamabad by 8.

Lahore vs Palermo - How is it possible for a team to be 1-5 and have a positive point differential?! That is how you know Lahore constantly loses close games. Their 5 losses are by 3, 3, 3, 6, and 3. That has to kill their morale. Now they have Shafic and Towfeek coming to town. This will be yet another close one, but I am going to go with Sha-feek and team (I tried to do a Bradgelina/Bennifer type thing; Doubt it will stick). I refuse to have Lahore let me make the wrong prediction again. Side note: Hassan was mauled while going up for a shot. That foul was not on the floor. Terrible call. Changed the outcome of the game.

Cool
thanks 1 user thanked chrisTEX for this useful post.
Towfeekhamza on 3/8/2022(UTC)
LonzoBall  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, March 9, 2022 2:48:18 PM(UTC)
LonzoBall

Groups: Forum Moderator, Website Administration, Forum Member

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Last week of the season, competition amongst the top teams is definitely going to make for another interesting playoff tournament. Let's get it!

Medina vs Tripoli - Assuming all players show, Medina is one of the top teams in the league. Tripoli is no pushover though, and also a top team, but in this one I see Medina's firepower showing out. This could be a very close game, unless Medina manages to really slow down Tripoli's offense, which I really just don't see happening.
Medina by 2 in a high scoring bout.

Baghdad vs Cordoba - You can't expect a different prediction out of me after last week's outing Baghdad. Especially against the undefeated, I don't even expect this game to be that close. With a defense that has struggled, vs an offense with many capable weapons do spell out disaster. Though I want to bash and bash, Baghdad are the defending champs; show that you are.
Cordoba by 13.

Bukhara vs Kazan - Oh how disappointing Bukhara. Well...let's not dwell on the past, we're coming with a vengeance, and how perfect a time. I hope Kazan ain't got comfortable after beating a team like Granada, cuz boy oh boy am I looking forward to Thursday. And seriously, 10 points Tex?! For that, I'll personally hand you 20 :)
Bukhara, in a close one...hopefully

Amman vs Suba - This could be fun, but I think the winner here is pretty clear. Amman is too one dimensional, with no defense whatsoever; whilst Suba has got some different weapons, and a grit that gives them this one.
Suba, and by a decent amount, like 12.

Sana'a vs Granada - Sana'a wins this game unless both Anas and Omar both go ballistic. Sana'a has almost nothing to worry about in this game, they match up nicely against Granada. Moiz career high this game btw.
Sana'a by 16.

Alexandria vs Delhi - Although this does look pretty simple, ehh..just listen up. Let's just say Jehad has that game from a couple weeks ago, and Muhanad and Ahmad don't have a bad game, Delhi still loses lol. I just didn't want to be boring, but so I'm clear, my point here is that I just don't see anyway Mustafa is slowed down, and for that reason, I'm out...I mean, ALexandria by 10.

Beirut vs Dhaka - Another potentially fun one. Don't want to say Beirut is washed or what not, but Dhaka just has more to offer. Solid shooting across a few players, solid bigs, and solid defensive players. Beirut is easier to dissect, though the matchups are definitely not unfavorable, so in the grand scheme of things, we're looking at a close game.
Dhaka by, let's sayyy..5.

Islamabad vs Jakarta - Jakarta is big, Jakarta can play in the post, Jakarta can shoot (at times), Jakarta cannot run lol. Islamabad wins this if they run, and they run, and they run. Yea and of course it's not that simple, I would say blowout, but Islamabad is too inexperienced, and offensively too reliant on Shahzaib. This makes it tough to predict, but I got to predict.
Islamabad by 4.

Lahore vs Palermo - Ik I'm going to hear it from the Palermo guys, but this matchup is just too nice for Lahore. I have so much I want to spill out to both these teams, but I'm not a coach. To summarize the main point of what I'd say, this game comes down to defense, and I choose the defense of Hassan, Moayad, and Mana over the defense of Towfeek, Shafic, and Syed. This might sound a little weird, but from what I see, an unusual implementation of Kevin from this Palermo squad could be their saving grace. I'm not forgetting Jason, he could definitely also change things, but Mana's presence down low is just too intimidating to bet on Jason's playmaking around the basket.
Lahore, by dare I say it...3 haha.

Big O  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, March 9, 2022 4:44:16 PM(UTC)
Big O

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Originally Posted by: chrisTEX Go to Quoted Post

Bukhara vs Kazan - They might keep us under 70. With that being said, give me Kazan 69-10.

Both teams under 50 in a 2-point game with 2 minutes to go - anyone's ball game
#16 Areeha
thanks 1 user thanked Big O for this useful post.
chrisTEX on 3/10/2022(UTC)
Towfeekhamza  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, March 9, 2022 7:43:17 PM(UTC)
Towfeekhamza

United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Medina vs Tripoli: Great Matchup to start off the night, both teams have great ball handlers in Ali and Brandon. Tripoli have really found there form the last few weeks picking up tough wins against Beirut and Alexandria. On the other hand, Medina still haven't really shown what there fully Capable of. We've seen Glimpses but they haven't been able to put it all together. I believe this is the game they put the League on Notice. MB Vets Sal and Malik are gonna be locked in with postseason time right around the corner and With Brandon Squared doing their thing.
I got Medina by 5 in a statement W.

Baghdad vs Cordoba: The defending Champs really let me down last week not gonna lie. I know shah khan is a bucket but there's no reason you guys should be on the brink of defeat with under 2 min left to 4 guys. Amir's had a tough season so far I expect him to figure it out and lock in Come playoff time. Cordoba, on the other hand, have been Ballin even though their schedule was a little bit on the lighter side you can only beat what's put in front of you, and They've done their job. Gary S has really Found his role the last couple of weeks putting up Monster numbers and with the supporting Cast of Pat, Chris and Craig they just have too many shot creators for Baghdad to handle. I got Cordoba by 8.

Bukhara vs Kazan: ooooo baby we got a good one here folks. Make sure you tune in. Bukhara did not have their best performance last week, looked a little sluggish and a bit timid on offense. On the other hand, Kazan have been doing their thing. Radi, Hanas, and Big Hart have been On fire and So has the rest of the Supporting Cast. This is a tough one to call I except Lil O and Middy Moose to do their thing but the X factor in this game is Biggz Abbasi. After an MVP season Last year, he's struggled to find his role on his new team. He's gonna have to be the 3rd option This week in order For Bukhara to keep up with Kazan's Dynamite Scoring. So I'm personally Issuing a Challenge to Biggz to see if he still got it. That being said I'm gonna take Kazan by 5. Biggz Prove me wrong we Cant have Tex to Confident before playoff Time.

Amman vs Suba: The battle for Playoff Contention. Both Teams don't have too much going for them after this past week. I mean 146 points guys cmon. Made San'aa look like they were in Cleveland for the all-star game. This game is gonna come down to who has the better player down the Stretch. I'm Gonna take my boy Omar Hussien to come up big and get his team into the Postseason. Amman by 6.

Sana'a vs Granada: Sana'a obviously are the Favorites here Coming off Basically dropping a buck 50 on another team but I do wanna Give Granada some Credit. They are way better than their record Suggests. The Question with them is are part Time players OQ and Anas Najib gonna show up. So if the Kyrie wannabes do come to play I believe it will be a bit Tougher than Sana'a Excpets but in the end, Sana'a is just too big and too fast. Sana'a by 10+.

Alexandria vs Delhi: The Yanes Family vs The Abdelghani Family. Might as well have a dabke Competition cause that's the only way this is gonna be Competitive. (Ifykyk). I expect Big Moose and Jay to take Care of Business and get Ready for their first Post Seosan together.

Beirut vs Dhaka: This is just a Solid Basketball Game. Both teams know how to play solid fundamental Ball. The Question With Beirut of course is always Will Luis "ski Mask" Torres make an Apperance. They're definitely gonna need him this week to guard Big Z down low. Kenny started on fire but has Cooled down these past Couple of Games. They're gonna need every one of those 18 pts he's Avg to even stand a chance. I expect MB VET JMingo to do his thing but other than that Beirut don't really have too much to offer. In the end, The Fire Power of
Zain, Idris, Amir, and Big Sal down low is just gonna be too much to handle. Dhaka by 10

Jakarta vs Islamabad: As Mr.Power Ranking said there was a Commissioner Ed sighting Last week.
His new role as player/coach might be good for Moral Support but definitely is not helping on the Scoresheet. Islamabad has shown Promise this season and Yes we all Know shah Khan is a walking thirty-piece but other than that they still Havnent a Consistent Second option. So fortunately for Coach Ed he will be getting his first win behind the Clipboard this week.
Nick and Kenny's sheer Size and Strength is just Gonna be to much to handle. Jakarta by 10.

Lahore vs Palermo: I mean you guys know what happens when Palermo enters Zero dark thirty Playoff Mode.Blunt

thanks 1 user thanked Towfeekhamza for this useful post.
chrisTEX on 3/10/2022(UTC)