Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ef_128  
#1 Posted : Friday, November 1, 2013 5:45:58 AM(UTC)
ef_128

Groups: Forum Moderator, Website Administration

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 4 post(s)
#1 Timbuktu vs #8 Palermo

#2 Damascus vs #7 Jerusalem

#3 Baghdad vs #6 Islamabad

#4 Kazan vs #5 Tripoli
Big O  
#2 Posted : Friday, November 1, 2013 6:03:33 AM(UTC)
Big O

Groups: Forum Member

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Congrats to Baghdad, made the plays they needed to in order to win. Muhannad and Jabers length on the perimeter were key, but without sharukh they lose this game. He made 2 or 3 huge plays at both ends of the court in the final minutes. Turnovers killed us - thats basketball. Good game.

I admit I was shocked that Jerusalem beat Damascus. I watched the first few minutes and Jerusalem was off to an 11-1 start, left the gym at 15-8, really thought Damascus would settle down and take it. Not sure if Mike was there, but if he wasnt that definitely hurt especially as an on-ball defender to deal with Andre. Give credit to Jerusalem, I think they can get to the chip.

I would predict Tripoli takes the whole thing. 2 good games coming up wednesday night. Good luck all.

#16 Areeha
Ref6  
#3 Posted : Friday, November 1, 2013 6:44:54 AM(UTC)
Ref6

Groups: Forum Member

Just wanted to congratulate Jerusalem on their win against us last night. We always come out sluggish so we can't blame it on the 3 week break or make different excuses. We lost because they were better last night. That's all their is to it. We win as a team we lose as a team, it isn't any one person's fault for the loss it's all of ours. Once again good win for Jerusalem. You guys earned that W

Ps (Omar) mike was not their he tore ligaments in his ankle last week.
ef_128  
#4 Posted : Friday, November 1, 2013 11:25:12 AM(UTC)
ef_128

Groups: Forum Moderator, Website Administration

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 4 post(s)
#1 Timbuktu vs #8 Palermo
This was a back and forth game until literally the last two minutes when Brian D aka Big Red comes down hit a 3 to tie the game and hits another 3 to take the lead. Bob from Palermo hit some big shots also but down the stretch, Timbuktu took it home.

#2 Damascus vs #7 Jerusalem
Jerusalem started out this game hot, taking a 10+ pt lead. Andre/Steve/Waseem all hit some big shots. Afay helped bring the game back with some of his usual crazy drives and deep 3s. Mike missing for Damascus was a big loss as he helps the offensive flow. Jerusalem has a good lead in the last couple minutes but Damascus cut it to about 3 points and that's when they had to foul every play. Game ended on foul shots.

#3 Baghdad vs #6 Islamabad
Caught the end of this game. Islamabad was up a couple points. Shahrukh Bari gets fouled on a layup .. AND 1 to tie the game and take the lead! Fursan comes down and Bari strips him and Islamabad has to foul him. Bari stepped up big at the end.

#4 Kazan vs #5 Tripoli
Tripoli took the lead early and never looked back. Kazan big man Myles was at the game watching and couldn't play due to an injury. He could've definitely help and changed the game.