Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Crystal Ball  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 30, 2024 7:23:25 PM(UTC)
Crystal Ball

Groups: Forum Member
Antarctica

Assalamualaykum wa rahmatullah,

Better late than never! This week’s predictions are definitely untimely, but whoever is able to read these before things get going might appreciate them. No matter what, the predictions will be completed before tip-off at 7:30.

Just wanted to remind everyone that the Muslims around the world need our help and support. Dua is the best way to do so and please make dua for our brothers in Yemen, Sudan, Kashmir, Palestine and all other parts of the world where oppression is occurring.

Remember, we also have our campaign running for Palestine through PCRF. Link is below to donate, please share with all other friends and family.

https://pcrf1.app.neoncrm.com/MB24

Again, please excuse the timing of the predictions this week, the weather has caused some malfunctions in the Crystal Ball.

So here are the standings for predictions:

Hassan: 33 - 12 (didn’t predict week 1)

Crystal Ball: 37 - 17

Towfeek: 37 - 17

Omar: 34 - 20

Looking into the Crystal Ball…

Ramla - Qalqilya 7:30

Both teams coming off a win last week and hitting their stride at the most important parts of the season. Qalqilya’s win was more impressive as they cooled off Ty Jackson’s Nablus (somewhat). Ramla’s win was also impressive as they were without Shahzaib for pretty much the entire game, showing how deep this team really is.

I think Ramla is a great team but they don’t match up well with Qalqilya in this one. While they do have size, Hassan Farhat doesn’t really use that to his advantage by going down low and Mana doesn’t really tower over these Qalqilya guys, highlighted by Big Moose and Anssoumane. Jay Wiggins also jumps out the gym, negating the size disadvantage, if there was any. Both supporting casts hustle and play their roles well, but I think Qalqilya does a better job of getting their guys involved than Ramla and that will probably be what decides this one.

Qalqilya by 7

Al-Quds - Sabra 7:30

Al-Quds had a tough loss last week and they definitely played their hearts out, showing again that they are one of those top contending teams. They were facing a team that has only one loss on the season and have a few proven pieces. This week is no different and they are going up against a superteam, maybe the best Muslim Basketball has seen to this point.

In comes Sabra, a team that was pushed to the limit last week which was a surprise to many. I advise Al-Quds to use the tactics of MB legend Ammar Suliman as he seems to have the recipe for beating this team. Just ask Weiss about last fall in the first round of the playoffs.

Al-Quds is not ruled out of this one entirely. They have shooting, sone size and the wherewithal to fight with any opponent. I won’t go out on a limb and bet against the undefeated but I think this will be closer than people thing. Matchup highlight: Lil O vs Mo Masri

Sabra by 8

Qibya - Safad 7:30

Man, this Qibya team cannot catch a break. In their only winnable game to date, they were missing their best offensive weapon in Nader. Now they go against a Safad team who has lost two straight against two formidable opponents and really want to get on the right track. I like the Qibya guys, they play hard and they surely want to win. Sadly, I think everything going for them, Safad has more of. Also, the guys on Safad don’t take losing lightly and they are coming with a vengeance in this one, the Crystal Ball predicts.

Safad by 6

Areeha - Al-Wehdat 8:30

Ok, the Crystal Ball selected Al-Wehdat last week and they completely flipped the script as half their team decided to not show up(literally) in a very winnable game. Playing with 4 is always hard and a team cannot be seriously judged based off of those standards. Again, if Al-Wehdat is at full strength, they have enough to pull out a win against many of the teams in this league. Starting to look like a big IF though.

Areeha fights hard. It’s been stated all season and will continue to be shown on the court. My only problem with this team is that they are all searching for the fountain of youth. Sometimes, you can play your absolute hardest but if the engine aint running the same, it won’t get the job done. I root for these fellas but a Al-Wehdat team at full strength is probably too much to handle. At least that’s what the Crystal Ball thinks.

Al-Wehdat by 9

Gaza - Shatila 8:30

Wow, this Gaza team is really starting to gain steam after the dent early on with Capone gone. Johnny Wiz and Mahrooz need to carry their load because Singer only has two arms. If all three of these guys can find a way to have a great game simultaneously, that will be enough to get the job done this week. Not to mention, Salman, Elsamna, and Mo Dirty are all great role players that will fight to keep their team in it. Lastly, the mastermind on the sideline definitely has a plan on stopping Farhad, and hopefully he has his running mate Kareem to iron out the wrinkles.

Shatila will not go down without a fight. One reason is the obvious, Farhad Barbury. He gets mentioned in the podcast and the predictions every week, and this week is no different. Ed was big last week in their win with his efficiency and so was OG Tariq Yasin, who moves very great for a man of his size and age. These 3 are starting to look like they can help this team to a few more wins and improve their season standings. In this one, Gaza is hungry and I think that will be the X-factor.

Gaza by 8

Al-Bireh - Baysan 8:30

This is a candidate for game of the week, along with the first game listed on here. Two teams that people would like to consider powerhouses. This week, however, Al-Bireh is without their biggest player in Mo and that will hurt them a lot, especially in this one.

We know both of these teams. Baysan is composed, calculated and capitalizes on weaknesses. Al-Bireh is a ball of energy, run and gun, high intensity, high scoring. Baysan will be the team that will counteract Al-Bireh’s strengths while exposing the weakness that has been generated with Mo’s absence

Baysan by 3

Yaffa - Nablus 9:30

AMP vs Ty Jackson. Two scoring legends and the definition of isolation powerhouses. That is only the beginning of a long list of what looks to be a slugfest. This game will be high scoring, and the team who is able to score more will come out with the win. I think the narrative on Yaffa not being great on defense changes this week, as well.

Yaffa by 6

Haifa - Jenin 9:30

I’m really upset with Haifa and they let me down last week, big time. There was no excuse or reason for not coming out of last week with a win. Yet, here we are and now they are facing another team with the same record as them, which could have some playoff implications.

Jenin is improving and it was nice to see them come out with a win last week. The best player on the court in this game is Ian Felix. The second best player on the court is Jake Wallizadeh. They have the talent to complete with the rest of the league and they seem better than their record shows.

Interesting that the discourse on these two teams are completely different, even though they have the same record. Haifa’s guys definitely need to have more pride and play like they want to be out here. Big losses come with big haters and we all saw that last week. Can’t go with them this time around.

Jenin by 2

Bethlehem - Al-Khalil 9:30

Al-Khalil has the size on the Bethlehem side, but I don't know if they will be able to stop Mandy and Hassan. Of course, they have not shown any signs of basketball IQ and the season is starting to wane. Now is the time to change their ways and play TEAM basketball.

The two-trick pony is back in full force and one running mate was enough last week. Now, this team is at full strength and fresh off a nice cruise, OBJ style. I think this week will be more celebrating for the Bethlehem side and maybe Hassan and Ahmad can lead another congo line after the game.

Bethlehem by 12

These predictions were definitely a speed round, so forgive me for the conciseness. Nevertheless, I think they did a good job of relating what the Crystal Ball had to offer.

As always, this ain’t Lonzo Ball, this ain’t Lavar Ball, this is the Crystal Ball