Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
hunjee  
#1 Posted : Sunday, July 5, 2009 9:38:03 AM(UTC)
hunjee

Groups: Forum Member

nets over hornets- good matchup in tq vs idelbi, but the nets D is scary good and their team just knows how to play with each other. they should take this

celtics over lakers- asad,lariab and co. should be able to take care of the rookie laker team. lakers are playing better and gaining more chemistry as the season grows old though.

blazers over knicks- knicks guards may be able to contain the blazers guards, but whos going to cover farhad?...... thought so, blazers win.

sixers over suns- if the suns win this game, well ppl have to starting discussing them as a powerhouse team. keaton is the leagues mvp so far but i still think the sixers will take it this game .their just too deep of a team.

nuggets over cavs- raj will have a problem finishing against abutissah (leagues best interior defender) protecting the paint. nuggets won big last week and their confidence is growing. cavs rely on their great D to win. but i predict raj having problems scoring. if the cavs win theyll need some one to pick up the scoring besides raj/haroon.

raptors over spurs- spurs got spanked last week. yes i know, they were missing alot of their players, but they still had olan, ahmer and some other role players. this week they'll probably be missing olan ahmed and maybe some others due to injuries. so ill take the raptors. after keaton, khiry 2nd in mvp voting in my opinion.
ef_128  
#2 Posted : Sunday, July 5, 2009 10:07:39 AM(UTC)
ef_128

Groups: Forum Moderator, Website Administration

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 4 post(s)
nets over hornets - because the hornets cant seem to win over bad teams .. how are they gonna beat the nets?

celtics over lakers - because laraib n asad might actually show up!

knicks/blazers - no comment .. blazers are without Edriss, Mujtaba, Tariq, Ali Rameen, and Ali Farhad .. this game might not happen .. or Edriss will recruit two huge seven footers for the week.

sixers over suns - because adham needs to lose and aymen has the most gangster warmups

cavs over nuggets - because the nuggets cant handle the cavs

raptors over spurs - because the spurs are all injured .. i would have liked to see olan on khiry.
TooEazy732  
#3 Posted : Sunday, July 5, 2009 5:50:12 PM(UTC)
TooEazy732

nets over hornets To much defense for the hornets to put up with and nets will be back full strength with tq and maybe even patty.

celtics over lakers Celtics need this win bad no say so far if laraib or asad will be attending even with that the celtics should pull out the W.

blazers over knicks to much for the knicks to handle but they do play hard. I dont know if theres any truth about the blazers players showing up or not but they should win this easily.

suns over sixers this is my upset of the week im probably wrong but should be a very competitive game.

cavs over nuggets very balanced team for the cavs but the nuggets did destroy the depleted spurs with only 4 people.

raptors over spurs to many injuries for the spurs to overcome in this one esp olan's broken nose.

qman612  
#4 Posted : Sunday, July 5, 2009 7:17:27 PM(UTC)
qman612

nets over hornets - the nets should cruise in this one...

celtics over lakers - laraib says he's back this week, so the celtics offense should be better and good enough to get the W...

sixers over suns - this game will be close, especially without Sami. Look for it to come down to the last few minutes...

raptors over spurs - injuries are sinking the spurs; the raptors should win this one...

cavs over nuggets - the nuggets have improved; I won't say anything about us, we'll let our game do the talking...

blazers-knicks - if Edriss' claim about all these blazers players being absent for this game is true, then I will take the knicks. If not, the blazers will win as they have too many weapons...

In other news,

it has been confirmed that Ed has body odor; Rajeh would have kept whooping on him last week in one on one but the smell was just too nasty lol...
slickshot  
#5 Posted : Sunday, July 5, 2009 7:58:21 PM(UTC)
slickshot

I have promised edriss that i will hold down the fort along with farhad and kareem, I'll show MB how to REALLY use your guest pass aka the non-muslim pass :) ... no worries the blazers vs knicks game is a definite W :]

Edited by user Sunday, July 5, 2009 8:06:59 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Let your game do the talking.

In the words of Rudy Fernandez, "I want to put points on your face." so . . Taste my rainbow :)

The forecast calls for rain.

Y-FACTOR
Rajeh  
#6 Posted : Sunday, July 5, 2009 8:56:13 PM(UTC)
Rajeh

hunjee wrote:
nuggets over cavs- raj will have a problem finishing against abutissah (leagues best interior defender) protecting the paint. nuggets won big last week and their confidence is growing. cavs rely on their great D to win. but i predict raj having problems scoring. if the cavs win theyll need some one to pick up the scoring besides raj/haroon.

Because I like Abdullah and he isn't the one who wrote this, I'm going to withhold any real comment. However, hungry, I must remind you about this amazing concept called foul trouble. Say it with me: [foul trouble]... Good! Sound it out: [foul trouble]... There you go!

No one player in this league can even guard me, let alone stop me. If you want to guard me, you need help defense. Without help defense, you have NO chance. None. Seriously. 6'1, 200 lbs, 8% body fat, can shoot the three, can go left and right, can play all five positions, can guard all five positions, and plays all 40 minutes of every game. Oh yeah: my team is 5-2.

If you didn't see any fireworks this past 4th of July, come to the Cavs-Nuggets game this Thursday. It promises to be a spectacular show.

Oh yeah, bring some popcorn.
This is for Coach B.
free afghan  
#7 Posted : Monday, July 6, 2009 8:11:09 AM(UTC)
free afghan

Its crazy how the Spurs are being crippled by injuries. Broken nose? Hold your head Olan. Spurs are a very good team whom I wanted to see do well. Hopefully you guys can bounce back.

Edited by user Monday, July 6, 2009 8:13:08 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Ak  
#8 Posted : Monday, July 6, 2009 2:00:17 PM(UTC)
Ak

It amazes me how many awkward-styled players in this league are actually somewhat successful. Mainly because of 2 things:

1) The league is like a third world country in that we have the wealthy ballers and the poverty stricken ballers (in terms of basketball skills) with very few players falling in the middle range. The funny thing is that each player thinks they belong to one of the categories I outlined above but in reality only a select number are actually correct in their assumption.

2) Nobody really wants to play hard defense on someone who looks awkward handling and playing basketball. Next thing you know he has double digit scoring since everyone just went easy on him.

Just an observation...take it how you will...

I feel at this time I am in the middle range since I have not shown anything to deserve being in the other 2 ranges...in case you were wondering...

In a future post, I will cover this "one on one" phenomenon which seems to be sweeping over the league...

#7 on Cordoba
May Allah increase love, respect, and unity between all of us through the trash talking and intensity of this game!!!
romeo must die  
#9 Posted : Monday, July 6, 2009 10:41:01 PM(UTC)
romeo must die

celtics over lakers - even without me and asad we should pull this one out

nets over hornets - umm?

sixers over suns - keaton is going to get his and adham and ambre are gonna fight lol , kwame brown might do damage this game , o and i expect abbasi to take over

raptors over spurs - spurs have a lot of injuries 4 if im not mistaken

cavs over nuggets - not an easy call last two times i was told to bring my popcorn i didnt enjoy it but this time i have a feeling i will because hopefully the whole team comes to play and stops expecting rajeh to control the game .. amir sattar should get more playing time

blazers over knicksn - jibran is dropping atleast 20 though

in other news i am out for the season since my captain has booted me off the team for telling him that he's an old fart so if u need a guest aka non-muslim or superstar muslim pass lemme know especially if your playing the celtics !

Edited by user Monday, July 6, 2009 10:41:59 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Working on my Defense !
mcLovin  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, July 7, 2009 6:36:46 AM(UTC)

Groups: Guest

hornets over nets - ammar got this one, he is scoring 50 this game... and dunking.
lakers over celtics- lakers got this one,sheikh is drilling at least 15 threes.
knicks over blazers- knicks got this one... maybe not, yamin is amazing, he can touch the rim... EASILY
suns over sixers- suns got this one... adham is the best player in this league, and i mean that, keaton is ok
nuggets over cavs- nuggets got this one... abdullah will crush raj
spurs over raptors- spurs got this one... watttchout guest pass
mcLovin  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, July 7, 2009 6:42:05 AM(UTC)

forgot to mention, ahmed fayoumi doesnt need his calf muscle, hes great, he once had an awkward moment just to see how it felt.
mturan  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, July 7, 2009 7:09:28 AM(UTC)
mturan

Can he also speak French, in Russian?
mcLovin  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, July 7, 2009 7:18:48 AM(UTC)

yes, of course
qman612  
#14 Posted : Tuesday, July 7, 2009 11:56:53 AM(UTC)
qman612

stay thirsty my friends...
Akhan23  
#15 Posted : Wednesday, July 8, 2009 4:56:35 AM(UTC)
Akhan23

My week 9 Prediction

Celtics over Lakers

Sixers over Suns

Raptors over Spurs regardless they have Olan and Ahmed.

Cavs over Nuggets

Blazers over Knicks

Akhan23  
#16 Posted : Wednesday, July 8, 2009 4:58:59 AM(UTC)
Akhan23

This message regards to therealak, how are you going to have a user name as that. We all know i was known as ak way before you were and im still known by that name. Its all good tho just dont over do it.
Ak  
#17 Posted : Wednesday, July 8, 2009 10:04:06 AM(UTC)
Ak

Akhan23 wrote:
This message regards to therealak, how are you going to have a user name as that. We all know i was known as ak way before you were and im still known by that name. Its all good tho just dont over do it.

Actually my friend, I was on here as Ak way before you. If you look at the members list for this forum, you will see the member Ak. That is actually me but somehow my password was reset and when I tried to generate a new password I never got the email and so I had to create a new user name in order to post again. I have no problem with you owning the Ak name, the name "TheRealAk" was not any sort of malice towards you so don't take it that way. Not sure what you mean by "dont over do it"...don't overdo what?

#7 on Cordoba
May Allah increase love, respect, and unity between all of us through the trash talking and intensity of this game!!!
Akhan23  
#18 Posted : Wednesday, July 8, 2009 1:18:42 PM(UTC)
Akhan23

therealak

nah my bad dude i just misunderstood on the name thats all. I thought of something stupid.
afs32  
#19 Posted : Wednesday, July 8, 2009 1:46:47 PM(UTC)
afs32

lol....all this complaining about user names is kinda funny.....im gonna make user names such as:

therealromeomustdie
therealmturan
therealqman612
therealef128
therealjerzafgn
therealrajeh
therealceltix10
therealar84

im gonna use all of these names.....one at a time throughout the season....
<insert player here> is better than me.
Assists mean nothing.
qman612  
#20 Posted : Wednesday, July 8, 2009 2:01:08 PM(UTC)
qman612

^^^ hahahah bring it Ammar! Will the real qman612 please stand up?